Elements to a Relaxing Space
It's a Finally Friday! The weekend is finally here and you deserve to decompress (not to mention the lingering effects of two long years of doing everything at home). So it’s time for you to reclaim your favorite rooms and transform them back into spaces of refuge, retreat, and relaxation far away from the pains and drains of the week-day world. Here’s some essential elements setting up your personalized sanctuary:
- Let there be (natural) light. Keep blinds open, shades pulled up, and curtains pulled to the side. Need more sun? Just skip window coverings altogether!
- Refresh area rugs to create a space that’s soft on the eyes and on the feet.
- Get rid of the hardware (cords, chargers, and screens), and bring in the software (blankets, pillows, and books). A “tech-free” room is always gonna be good for the mind, body, and soul.
- Clear out the clutter and splurge on fresh-cut flowers. Replace busy counters and tabletops with…wait for it...nothing but a vase of fresh flowers!
- If you’re going for a total room refresh, choose natural wall and furniture colors like soothing blues, calming greens, and classic whites, beiges, or grays.
Doesn’t that feel better? Now kick off your shoes, take a deep breath, and enjoy that happy place called home.